Flat Fee & Limited Listing Services
Selling your home yourself is truly not meant for everyone but if you are able to show your home on short notice during the weekday and weekends to prospective buyers (i.e.: total strangers), and you have the working knowledge and ability to negotiate through the multiple levels of a purchase and sale contract, then selling as a “FSBO” can help you save tens-of-thousands of dollars in commissions at closing. But going it alone isn’t for the fainthearted as there are risks and legalities sellers must be aware of.
If you’re not familiar with these laws and procedures, then perhaps using a company like Redfin, which charges 1% of the sales price on the listing side and 3% to the procuring buyer’s agent, may be a better option. If you have a high-end property, Redefy is another option as that company charges a flat fee of $5,500 on the listing side with 2.5%-3.0% to the procuring buyer’s agent. Both Redfin and Redefy provide full-service representation, where limited listings companies like For Sale by Owner and Flat Fee Group provide no assistance (although some of these companies are starting to expand their packages to provide additional representation for an additional cost).
Both local and national laws affect the level of service and guidance a licensed real estate agent is legally allowed to provide sellers but with all “limited service listing agreements,” a seller should always seek legal council from a real estate attorney. Although attorneys are not legally allowed to help sellers with the negotiation of a purchase and sale contract, they are able to help you understand the purchase contract and answer your questions.
If you have any other questions, complete our Home Evaluation Form and we’ll be happy to speak with you.
- $1,025.00 one-time upfront input fee.
- Property listed up to 12 months on National Multiple Listing System (MLS).
- Seller provides photos; professional photographer available.
- Seller determines list price.
- Unlimited price reductions permitted.
- Seller schedules showings directly with buyer or buyer’s agent.
- Seller negotiates all offers and terms directly with buyer/agent.
- Seller sets commission paid to buyer’s agent.
- No commission paid if sold yourself.
- No “For Sale by Owner” yard sign permitted per MLS rules.
- No “For Sale” yard sign included.
- Seller provides their own lockbox.
- Email support provided 5 days a week, 7am~4pm.
- Sellers can hold their own Open Houses.
- Up to four (4) Open House MLS publications allowed.
- 6% full service listing agreement (paid at closing).
- 3% of sales price to be paid to the procuring buyer’s agent.
- Professional photos will be taken.
- 3-D Virtual Tour also included. Click here for example of 3-D Tour
- Comprehensive CMA provided to seller to recommend list price.
- All showings scheduled through listing agent.
- Listing agent receives all offers on behalf of seller.
- Listing agent assists seller in negotiating offers.
- Listing agent assist in negotiations of buyer’s home inspection & repairs.
- Listing agent attends buyer’s home inspection if required.
- Company For Sale yard sign included.
- REIN agent lockbox and combo lockbox included.
- Full-color flyers and yard sign flyer box included.
- Recommend closing title agencies – seller retains right to choose.
- No upfront fees… all commissions paid at closing.